Monday, April 21, 2014

4.21.14 - Choosing rings

Tonight Jack and I went to get sized for rings. We weren't planning on actually purchasing any rings on site (and as of now we still haven't), but when we got there the man who helped us was so informative and friendly we stayed and chatted with him for quite awhile.

He told Jack that Jack is lucky because I am a "standard size 7" which means it should be easy to find a ring in my size without having to have it altered. He also helped us find something that was in our price range, engravable, and hypoallergenic. The jeweler showed us some cobalt rings, but we settled on tungsten carbide. Really we probably would have bought them on site, but the jeweler needs to verify that they are definitely hypoallergenic, and that he can find a ring in Jack's size by our deadline.

Either way, it was so enjoyable talking to him and trying rings on. We are getting very simple, underplayed rings, but they will have engravings on the inside, which I think makes it really personal. I did feel special trying on the ring I'll probably get. I'm looking forward to wearing it. :)

Jack looking at rings. :)

Afterward, Jack and I got a single scoop of ice cream to split and walked around the mall people watching. Then we went to the Elephant Bar for date night, but I was pretty full. Even so it was a good date; we talked a lot about our next steps and the future. It's so much less intimidating talking about the future now. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment