Friday, April 18, 2014

4.18.14 - Rocket's 4th birthday party.

Today we celebrated Rocket's 4th birthday party. He kept saying this means he's 4 already. I told him his real birthday is in two days, but today was his birthday party. He retorted that it was a real birthday party which counts a a party. Can't argue with that.

All day he kept asking when he could try the cake and open his presents and the like. It was nice to see his anticipation. Eventually our guests (one other family with two little girls) showed up, and we sang "Happy Birthday" and ate cake and opened presents. Rocket was pretty adorable about the whole thing, and was obviously very happy to have the other kids to play with.

After the party was over, everyone went home or out for the evening, and it was just Rocket and me, together. He played with his knew toys while I had dinner, then we both skyped with Jack. Rocket has been continually asking when he's going to see Jack, and even though Jack gets in town tomorrow evening, I thought it'd be nice if Rocket could see him a bit sooner. They pretended to shoot each other through the computer for awhile, and then Rocket asked if he could keep talking with Jack while he took his bath. So we did:

Click to enlarge and see little Rocket taking his bath.
'
After bath time, Rocket sat quietly in my lap watching youtube videos of Disney songs. He couldn't get enough of "Why Should I Worry?" from Oliver & Company. I chatted with Julie to ward off boredom, planning what little is left to do for my upcoming wedding reception! (woohoo!)

Finally, Rocket told me he would like to go to bed. We took some of his new glow-in-the-dark star & galaxy set up to the bedroom and I showed him how it glowed. He was pretty excited about that. Then he asked me to tuck him in and give him a kiss and hug good night (how freaking precious is that?) and then he slept quietly the rest of the night, including up until this moment, after his parents have already returned home.

It was really nice to get to spend some one-on-one time with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment