Sunday, March 23, 2014

3.23.14 - new friends and new fans

This morning I had coffee with a woman I met through my program. We'd chatted before class for a few minutes a few times, and we seemed to get on well, so I just decided to take a shot and ask her to hang out, and it went great! We chatted candidly for over 2 hours, and only left because we both had other things to take care of at 1pm. It seems like we have plenty in common, so maybe this is a new friend. Plus she lives in my area and has every intention of staying in my area for the foreseeable future, unlike some of my friends who are moving this summer once they graduate the program. So it would be especially cool if she and I became friends, since we will both be around here for awhile.

Then this afternoon the maintenance guy came and installed a new ceiling fan for us (the old one broke). It's much newer and nicer looking, and even though it's a small thing, every time we get some small new addition to our apartment, it makes me appreciate the apartment all over again.

THEN I made brownies with a mashed banana replacing 2/3rds of the oil, and they were delicious. I took most of them when Jack and I went to play cards with some friends. That was also really enjoyable--we were listening to a very upbeat playlist on the drive and back. The guy hosting made a chicken Alfredo dinner with salad and bread and butter, and we made milkshakes for dessert (some of them with blended brownie). We played Tichu and fed my friend's pet tarantula.

Overall a very enjoyable, social day.

My friend's rose-haired tarantula. She's pretty timid.

No comments:

Post a Comment