Sunday, March 16, 2014

3.16.14 - Pre-bedtime psychological soothing

I've been reading too many online debates lately, which makes it harder to land on the positive side of things. Luckily for me, I have a lot of friends and family to vent to/laugh with, and that really evens things out. In the last 48 hours my days have been brightened by AH, RB, ES, NS, NB, SB, AJ, MM, RG, CH, and ES. Off the top of my head. And Mom and Dad, separately. Specifically, Dad texted all the siblings last night to ask what they were doing, then forwarded our replies to each other. It was a nice little moment of connection.

There are a lot of joys that I end up repeating, but I think they still count. Not every joy is continuous, so it's nice to note when some are. In this case, it's how proud I am of how hard-working Jack is. Our finances are in so much better shape than they were 6 months ago, and it is mostly due to him. And I sure am glad he loves his job. He's hard-working either way (I've seen how hard he worked at a job he didn't even like) but it's a lot easier for him when he enjoys his job so much.

Another continuous joy: he's really good-looking. I feel lucky. :)

I'm grateful for my elliptical machine and having a show interesting enough to make me want to work out. I made it a goal to work out every day in March, and now, just over halfway through, I have succeeded so far. And it's been an hour each day except for one, which was 45 minutes. I think that's pretty good.

This might seem trivial, but I'm grateful for the program puush. I use it all the time and I sure notice when it's not working.

Recently I've been doing work that involves looking at different foundations to see what kind of grants they provide. It's been pretty uplifting to realize how many hundreds (or thousands, really) of foundations are out there, each giving tens of thousands to millions of dollars per year to charities. So many people out there working to help. It's great.

And one little things. Had this convo with a friend this morning and chuckled to myself:


No comments:

Post a Comment