Tuesday, March 18, 2014

3.18.14 - Elephant Bar

Tonight I got home from classes kind of late--near 9:30pm. Jack had only gotten home 10 minutes or so before me. We decided to go have a late date night since we probably won't get another chance this week. We went to The Elephant Bar, and only the bar area was open. There was almost no one there, which I really like--it means less noise and distraction, and faster service. The food was delicious (plus we had a coupon!) I had a margarita, and the very taste of it reminds me of good memories with Renata in summer 2008 (one of my best summers). But best of all, Jack and I had a chance to just sit and talk, and our talks were especially good. It's always nice to have a chance to talk about your day or what's going on your life, but it's even nicer to find things you've never talked about before, to feel you've gotten to know each other even a little bit better, even after already being together a long time. So I really enjoyed that. We also talked in a very concrete way about the future--the next year, mostly, and beyond that. I used to have a hard time doing that, and now I don't. I really enjoy that too.

My dinner. Mmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment