Thursday, March 20, 2014

3.20.14 - Warmer nights & band concerts

Today I walked up to Starbucks to get some work done. The weather was so nice, it was a very pleasant walk. While I was there I gave up my table to two women who needed the space more than I did, and later I gave the time to a teen girl waiting for her ride to show up; I know these actions are almost nothing at all, but it feels nice to be helpful to people, even in really tiny ways.

I went home and made a quiche. I love cooking as long as I don't feel guilty about taking the time to do it. Jack had a concert--he's playing trumpet this semester--and he was supposed to dress up for it. He looks great in a suit, so handsome. Initially I was going to go with him and watch, but when I realized they only took cash, plus it was going to be longer than I thought, I decided to skip out and go next time.

As I drove home the sun was setting, and I was listening to The Blanks' cover of "Hey Ya," which is both funny and sweet-sounding. It's really hard to beat good weather and good music and good traffic while driving, especially at sunset, which is a naturally pretty time.


When I went back up to school to pick Jack up from the concert, there were all these people exiting, and 4 or 5 symphonic band players were playing in the hallway as they left--covering Daft Punk's "Get Lucky," haha. There had also been a high school band performing that night, and it was kind of fun waiting on the steps out front for Jack and watching all the high schoolers meet up with their friends and parents. It reminded me of some of my better memories from high school, of marching band and how fun all the band geeks were. At the same time it made me kind of glad I'm not in high school anymore, because you can see the social awkwardness they're still working through. Still it was nostalgic.

No comments:

Post a Comment