Monday, March 7, 2016

3.7.16 - Don & Merlene's visit

Sadly I don't have time to write a full note, but I wanted to remember that Don and Merlene's visit was wonderful. They are always so supportive and helpful. They watched Clara pretty much every day, which saved us nannying money and meant I got to see Clara more too, because they could watch her while I worked from home so I was still around.

Merlene cooked tons of delicious meals, of course, and also made a bunch of cupcakes both for Clara's actual birthday and for a few days later when we had a little get together to celebrate.  She and Don also kept everything incredibly clean and bought anything that they noticed we could need or want, such as super long-lasting light bulbs, back up laundry detergent, and a baby walker for Clara. Merlene even kept bringing extra muffins and oatmeal and hot chocolate packets from their hotel every morning.

They also babysat on a Friday night so Jack and I could have a date. We went to see Deadpool (which was very funny) and then got a quick drink after. It was really nice.

Plus there company was great. It was nice having adults around to talk to whenever. It was kind of sad coming home to an empty apartment this evening.

I really appreciate that they make the effort to visit and do so much for us when they're here. They are very generous in-laws.



No comments:

Post a Comment