Friday, March 4, 2016

3.4.16 - Clara in her crib

Two joys:

The morning, when Clara first wakes up and starts fussing and I walk into her nursery and she is standing at the edge of her crib nearest the door waiting for me to come get her, and then I pick her up and she burrows into my shoulder and acts super cuddly. I love that moment, not least of all because I feel like it's been so long since I held her the night before, haha.

The night, when she drinks from her bottle by herself while I read her bedtime stories, and she gets super relaxed. When I pick her up and she cuddles onto my shoulder (instead of popping her head up and squirming and looking around), I know she' ready to pass out. I take her in the dark nursery, give her a kiss, and lay her down in her crib. For a long time she would stick her arms out straight, push herself into a crawling position and start crying, but the past few weeks she just burrows into the crib mattress and coos and goes to sleep. Love that.

Burrowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment