Thursday, December 31, 2020

12.31.20 - Kid snippets - Clara interested in date night

I told Clara yesterday that Dad and I were going to have a living room date tonight. She wanted me to put the fake yellow roses she got me for Christmas in a vase for our date. She also asked me if Dad and I would kiss at the end of the date. I said maybe. Tonight I read the kids only one story book because, I told them, I wanted them to go to bed so Dad and I could have our date. Clara wanted to first draw me a heart that she could color and cut out and I could use to decorate for our date, but I said no, it's time for bed.

Jack left to pick up our food, and shortly after Clara came out to use the bathroom, then changed her mind, then changed her mind again.

Me: Clara, you better make up your mind because you have to go to bed. I don't want you coming out of your room over and over again for my date. A "date" means Mom and Dad and **no kids**
Clara: Okay, but when I grow up can I have a date?
Me: Yes, you probably can
Clara: Yes and when I grow up and Hunter grows up, we can have a date
Me: We'll see. Go back to bed.

I go into the kitchen for something. Clara pokes her head around the corner to watch me.

Me: Clara, *what are you doing*? I said go to bed!
Clara: But has the date started yet?
Me: No! Hon, Dad left to go get food. Go to bed!
Clara: Ok!

I'm going to make a wild guess here and predict that is not the last time I see her tonight.

Update: Jack and I are now enjoying our dinner and Clara came out to ask if she could see our date. I let her come look and then told her she had to go to bed. She reminded me that I am missing a corsage and I told her that's not for at home dates.


Mine and Jack's Olive Garden at-home New Year's date night

No comments:

Post a Comment