Thursday, October 19, 2017

10.19.17 - the Pack'n'Play

Jane has been sleeping so well since we've been in COS. I think it may be that the pack'n'play has soft sides (in contrast with the hard wood slabs of her crib at home), so when she rolls or scoots into a side it doesn't wake her up. Either way it's been great. She goes down almost immediately for naps (once she's started showing she's tired), and the last several nights she'll fall asleep with no fuss at all in the pack'n'play.

Once or twice during the night I will put her in the center of Sola's queen bed and feed her while lying down. I put a pillow on her other side but actually I'm not very concerned about her rolling off the bed. Sola's bed is so soft that Jane makes a little dent right in the center, so she'd basically have to roll uphill in either direction to move. Sometimes she falls asleep next to me and stays on her back the whole time, whereas in her crib she'd always roll to her stomach. Not long after that I usually put her back in the pack'n'play with no trouble.

One morning she woke up (fully awake this time) a bit too early for me. Nursing her didn't get her back to sleep, so I just lied next to her and drifted in and out of sleep myself for 45 mins - 1 hour while she cooed and sighed at the ceiling posters the whole time. It was adorable.

Last night she was almost fully awake after her middle-of-the-night feeding, but not at all fussy. I put her in the pack'n'play and she cooed to herself until who knows how long, because I fell back asleep before she did. She never fussed though--just cooed until she was asleep.

As I type this it's evening and she's been rubbing her eyes a lot. I put her in her adorable snuggly Winnie the Pooh footie pajamas and tried to feed her, but she wasn't interested. So I put her in the pack'n'play and now she's alternating between sucking on her arm, cooing, and rubbing her hands against the mesh of the pack'n'play sides. She's just having a good ol' time all by herself.

Sleep smile

No comments:

Post a Comment