Thursday, June 29, 2017

6.29.17 - Clara and Jane cute moments

Clara can say "triangle," "rectangle," "circle," "oval," and "diamond" in reasonably recognizable English, but for some reason she calls squares "gweese."

She's also getting better at naming the animals from the safari puzzle Mom got her last Christmas. She's got "gawaffe," "zeeba," "ah-gay-ter," "nie-ro" (rhino), and "effweet" (elephant). I think it's pretty funny that "Everett" and "elephant" are the same word to her right now. At the moment she thinks the hippo is a cow.

Such a talented stacking girl.

We've been reading an alphabet book that has a lot of animals, so now, even when we aren't reading anything, she will randomly say "G is fo' gawaffe!" or "C is for cow, moooo! D is for dog woof woof!" The giraffe one is definitely her favorite though.

Goofing around in our room on a Saturday morning.

Most evenings before bed, whichever parent is getting Clara ready for bed will bring her to the other parent for a good night kiss. She usually tries to then push our faces together so that Jack and I will kiss each other, and we usually oblige 2-3x. Well Sunday night Beth came over to babysit so Jack and I could go on a date. At one point after we got home Beth was holding Clara on her hip, and Clara tried to push mine and Beth's faces together so we would kiss. We both thought that was pretty funny, and when we laughed Clara did too. I think it's adorable when she laughs along even if she's not sure why.

Replaced the laundry with herself.

I rewatched a video from a year ago when Clara was less than 1.5 years old and was toddling around. Amazing how fast the time goes. It's also amazing how within a 24 hour period I can think both "Good lord, when will Jack get home so I can leave and get some time to focus on work and not be holding a fussy baby or watching a fussy toddler?" and then also thinking "I haven't cuddled Clara or Jane in several hours. I miss them. Soon they will be too big to cuddle--I should get cuddling in while I can!"

Trying to get a pic of their matching dresses.

In other news, basically every day probably 2-5 times a day, I'll sit near Jane so she can see my face and I'll smile at her and coo things to her and she grins and grins, sometimes full open-mouthed grins, like she's so excited for us to have this conversation. She will also switch from grunts to coos, and coo at me over and over like she's responding. I say basically the same things every time: "Hi little fuzzhead, little blue eyes, little button nose, little heart-shaped tongue. Hi little mittens, little chubby thighs, little butt, little ears." And she just lights up. It's so endearing.

Love getting those smiles <3

No comments:

Post a Comment