Saturday, January 2, 2016

1.2.16 - Post-Christmas joys

Today I enjoyed dressing Clara in one of the outfits Mom got her for Christmas. I also enjoyed using one of the new bandanna's I got and some true knee-high (as opposed to shin-high) socks, which have kept my feet warmer than slippers would, I think. I enjoyed using some of Clara's new bath toys to squirt warm water on her back during her bath and watch her grin and arch her back as far forward as she could. I enjoyed reading to her from a few new board books she got too. Lots of little gifts that made the day more pleasant.

And on another note, I thought a lot yesterday about how, even though our apartment is small, I'm grateful we have a safe, clean, warm home to take care of Clara in. It's been chilly out lately (30s) and we've been using the heater, and I'm glad we have that option. After Clara's bath she was fussy, probably because she was cold, and I put her little naked butt right in front of the space heater in her room and she was so happy. She stood in her crib bouncing up and down in front of it for a long time, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment