Monday, October 11, 2021

10.11.21 - Joy status: autumn day

Today was such an autumn day. 

Woke up to thunderstorms which the kids watched eagerly when they were supposed to be getting ready for the day. As I drove Jane and Calvin to in-home daycare, Jane (4yo) kept wistfully remarking at how beautiful the sky was with dark blue mixed with sunrise gold. She said "oh! It's such a lovely day!" It rained on and off all day and I loved it. Currently I am working out of an extra room at my mom's house, and when I got there this morning she had put up all of her fall decor on her front porch and in her living room and it was incredibly cozy. I had autumn squash soup for lunch. And then this evening I went on a long walk through a park by a lake with my sister-in-law and it was very breezy and cool and there were leaves of all kinds of colors covering the path the whole way. It was beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment