Thursday, August 17, 2017

8.17.17 - Revolution Wines

Beth and I finally got to hang out together. We went to Revolution Wines on a beautiful summer evening. We sat on the patio and ordered some wine and small plates from the Happy Hour menu plus some more of each based on a Groupon Beth treated us to. And we just sat and talked for hours.

I'm in the midst of a 6-week long bet with Julie and I had taken 24 hours off calorie counting just for this occasion. My 24 hours of freedom ended at 9pm, and since we had planned to meet at Revolution Wines at 6pm I thought for sure we would be done and I'd already be home by then. But nope, not quite. We talked so much that we didn't even leave the winery until about 9:20pm or so. But I'm glad for the pleasant surprise.

We talked a lot about our families and our husbands, and not as much as I would've expected about our kids (maybe because we already talk about them all the time). I got a nice buzz going for the first time in forever and the weather was perfect. We also had good timing because when we first arrived the place wasn't too busy, and it got busier as we stayed. And of course they had white string lights around the patio as it got dark. I love that. And Sacramento has blessedly few mosquitoes; in fact I don't think I saw even one.

It was such a nice evening. So great to be able to sit and relax and enjoy an uninterrupted adult conversation.


No comments:

Post a Comment