Thursday, September 8, 2016

9.8.16 - Little Blue Truck

Tonight I read Clara "Little Blue Truck," and when I was finished she took the book from me to look at herself. At first she had it upside down and she flipped through most of the pages silently. Then she turned it rightside up and started babbling, I guess as the pictures became more recognizable. The first thing she said was "beep beep beep" which is the last line of the book, and I was just grinning to myself because she's so smart. She kept babbling with a lot of distinct "beeps" and even a couple "bump bump"s which is another part, and I tried to imagine what she thinks the story is about and whether this book will always remind her of childhood.

It was a sweet moment. I am so enjoying her increasing ability to mimic us.

No comments:

Post a Comment