Friday, February 26, 2016

2.26.16 - Rocket snippets from the trip

2.20.16
Everett: I don't like root beer.
Rocket: Do you know what the best part of root beer is??
Everett: What?
Rocket: The BEER part!

2.23.16
Rocket: Monica, can I tell you something?
Me: Yeah.
Rocket: There's "easy peasy lemon squeezy" and "easy peasy mac and cheesy"!
Me: Hm, I'm trying to think if there's any other ones.
Rocket: No, there's not.
Me: Maybe we could make up some together.
Rocket: No, thanks. They wouldn't be real.


2.24.16
Rocket, who is 5-years-old, upon discovering Fruit Loops in the pantry: "I haven't had these in YEARS!"

Rocket: One time there was SO much snow we could make three or four...or five...or SIX....snow cones.

2.25.16
Overheard at kindergarten: "If you squish someone's heart they'll die." 
Rocket, very casually: "Oh yeah, that's easy to do."

2.26.16
I have a board book for the song "What a Wonderful World," and I often sing it to Clara before bed.
Rocket sits with us and listens in, and he is really bothered by the lyrics "I hear babies cry, I watch them grow. They'll learn much more than I'll ever know." The first few days he said they won't ever know more than us, and I told him there might be new inventions they learn about that we don't know about yet.
Even so, tonight when I was singing that part he just exclaimed, "That is so *weird* that you think that!"

Also, Rocket loves King Bidgood's In the Bathtub. I read it to him and he tells me that the "part is coming" where the court says, twice, "Oh, who knows what to do? Who knows what to do?" And then when I finally read that part he just grins and grins, haha. Dunno why he likes it so much but it's pretty cute. Also, since we read the story so much this trip, as I read it to him he points out details of the pictures he's noticed throughout, like that the King and Queen have little figurines of themselves in the luncheon. It's really enjoyable to read to someone old enough to be so interactive, and makes me look forward to when Clara is that interactive.

No comments:

Post a Comment