Friday, April 23, 2010

4.23.10 - Rivoli's anniversary dinner

--I found out I have much better odds than I thought of getting an A in P chem, which would be a miracle.

--I watched more videos of Rocket in all his unstoppable adorableness.

--I found out the research position I am starting this summer is (a) paid (b) above min wage and (c) the professor is certain I can work 40+ hours a week while (d) he doesn't care at all that I'll be in MO for 2 weeks in August.

--I then found out that during the school year I can count the research work towards my financial aid credit minimum.

--I went to Rivoli's for my anniversary dinner with Jack. We got there a little early for our reservation and our table wasn't ready, but we sat at a table by a window in the front and each had a glass of Rose wine and great talks. (EDIT: I forgot to add that while we were waiting we looked at a menu so we could order as soon as we were seated, and while we were looking at the menu Jack covered all of the prices so that I would pick what I really wanted without being able to factor in how much it cost. Frankly, I thought this was both brilliant and adorable.) We didn't even notice that our wait was longer than predicted until the host came and apologized and told us it was almost ready. When he did take us to our table, it was the only cushioned-seat corner table in the restaurant, allowing us to sit right next to each other. Additionally they had sprinkled some sparkles and miniature "Happy Anniversary" words on the table cloth. I didn't realize they knew we were there for our anniversary, because Jack had called ahead and told them.

We had great food, great wine, great talks, great dessert. My meal looked suspiciously like the meal Jules eats at the very beginning of My Best Friend's Wedding. I wrote it up as inventive and confident. Anyway, I was full and buzzed and exhausted and in a great mood by the end. Everyone was really friendly and multiple people wished us happy anniversary, which was cute.

--Then I came home and saw *another* new video of Rocket.


No comments:

Post a Comment